Hi, I'm Sayon, a machine learning engineer with a touch of web developer.
I read, write, and code all things machine learning then transform those algorithms into something that can be shared. I've designed websites showing the results of bespoke predictive models that have attracted over 15000 users in a day.
In a nutshell, I take a business problem that cannot be done without machine learning, then I make a marketable product out of it.
When I'm not thinking about unsolved problems, I take long walks with my dog, and eat good food.
Algorithms Engineer, August 2020 - Present
Machine Learning Engineer, February 2020 - August 2020
- Developed ML algorithms for several businesses by translating SOTA ML research papers into lean PoCs
- Developed DSP algorithms to be deployed in over 2 million vehicles to predict vehicle movement direction
- Created a teacher scheduling optimization algorithm to be deployed in over 200 schools in North America by using constrained optimization
Data Engineer, May 2019 - September 2019
- Developed an NLP pipeline to embed and tag foods from their name and ingredients
- Performed data labelling, exploration, cleaning, and hyperparameter tuning to optimize the accuracy in the machine learning model
- Automated the conversion of images of restaurant menus into database entries of products